Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
A very easy and delicious home made spaghetti sauce. I know the carrots sound strange, but it helps not to get heartburn, and you don't even taste them.
- 3 lbs ground beef (browned & drained)
- 1 green pepper (diced)
- fresh mushrooms (diced)
- 2 garlic cloves (pressed)
- 1 large vidalia onion (chopped)
- 1 stalk celery (chopped)
- 1 small carrot (minced)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 pinch sage
- 1 pinch chili powder
- 1 pinch celery seed
- 1 pinch rosemary
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 pinch paprika
- Place all ingredients in a large dutch oven on the stovetop.
- Simmer for 5 to 6 hours.
- Adjust seasonings to your taste.
I am not sure what you call spaghetti, and I am sorry...but this is NOT spaghetti sauce! It smells and looks closer to stew. Won't make again.
you are right it is the carrots, sound strange, but it helps not to get heartburn, and you don't even taste them. OOOOH!! thank you. I for got about that GRPA !