Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
I use "store bought" spaghetti sauce sometime, but it can't compare to your own homemade. This is so much better!!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (16 ounce) cans tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- salt and pepper
- In dutch oven, cook beef, onion, pepper, and garlic until meat is brown.
- Drain fat.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to simmer and cook for 30 minutes or to desired consistency.
This was a fast easy sauce to put together. After making as recipe called for, I did add 2 more cans of tomatoes, and put all 4 cans through a processor. I also upped the oregano to 2 teaspoons and added about a teaspoon of garlic powder. I added a few shakes of worcestshire sauce and a few shakes of hot sauce and it was perfect. I made it for a casserole and it was great! Thanks!
Didnt much enjoy this one...bland
We all really loved this, I was looking for a great homemade spaghetti recipe that didn't include canned suace and I found it! Thanks!!