Prep 45 mins
Cook 45 mins
Tomatoes galore in the summer for all gardeners. This sauce recipe is wonderful all year long but mainly fall, winter and spring. Enjoy.
- 5 quarts tomatoes
- 5 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons chili powder (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons oregano leaves
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped fine
- 1 large onion, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 (12 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 1 (15 ounce) can Prego spaghetti sauce
- Add all above ingredients except tomato paste and Prego, bring to boil.
- After the sauce is brought to boil, add tomato paste and Prego and cook until thickened.
- Fill quart jars and process in boiling water bath for 15 minutes.
Did not and won't try this one...what is the point of "homemade sauce" if u have to add store bought sauce.
didnt like the fact it called for prego, and without the prego its awfully bland.
This was easy to make as I ran the tomatoes through my Kitchenaid Mixer to get the peels and seeds off. I put the extra sauce in the freezer as I just did not feel like canning tonight. Thanks for sharing