Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a recipe I modified to suit our needs.
- 28 ounces tomato sauce
- 14 ounces water (I use the can to measure!)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3⁄4-1 cup freshly shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 16 ounces pasta
- Combine sauce, water and garlic in a pot. Bring to a boil.
- Add pasta and cook 20 minutes stirring frequently.
- Add cheese and stir until melted.
- Add butter, milk and salt to taste if desired.
This has potential, wasn't quite there. I left the pot uncovered as you didn't specify. The sauce evaporated enough for me to have to add more tomato sauce and water. I then covered the pot and it worked much better. I would recommend to cover while cooking. It definitely needed at least a cup of cheese. I ended up putting more in as well as milk. The taste was reminiscent of Spaghetti-Os, but that is all.