Recipe by STK FD WIFE, A.TITUS
Great with dad's Hungarian goulash.
Top Review by Anjaleck
This was a wonderful recipe. I'd never made spaetzle before but it looked good and I decided to give it a try. After reading a review on another recipe, I decided to try this one due to its simplicity. Utterly delicious! After cooking, we decided that sauteing them in butter sounded good and we did that. I am now on the hunt for a spaetzle press. The colander and holes was a bit difficult. With my granddaughter helping, we used a bowl inside the colander rather than a spoon. That was a lot easier although a bit messy. Thank you for sharing this recipe! Hmmm... does that stand for "Steak Fried Wife"? *grin*
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, combine flour, eggs and salt.
- Add water a little at a time to form a soft dough.
- Boil 2 quarts of water in a large pot.
- Squeeze dough out into the water using noodle or fruit press or by pressing through a colander with large holes.
- When noodles float to the top of the water, they are done (3 to 4 minutes). Serve as a side or main dish.