Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This has the taste of butter with the spreadability of soft margarine, the combination of oil and water reduces cholesterol and some of the fat, if desired you can make a large amount and freeze, before you start make certain that the water and butter are at room temperature or you might have trouble mixing the water and oil into the butter.
Top Review by jansin62
Worked like a charm, and tasted much better than margarine (and it's healthier to boot - I can pronounce all the ingredients). It was a bit salty for our tastes, but we're used to unsalted butter. Easily fixed next time around. This will become a standard at my house.
- 1 lb butter, room temperature
- 1 cup water, room temperature
- 1 cup vegetable oil (can use Canola also)
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a food processor, process the room temperature butter for a couple of seconds.
- With the machine running, slowly pour in the oil, then the water in a thin stream to allow the butter to absorb the liquids (this may take several minutes of pulsing and the mixture will be very "loose" like a pudding texture).
- Pour into a crock or bowl.
- Freeze or refrigerate until it firms up.