Prep 48 hrs
Cook 4 hrs
From Eat Fat, Lose Fat this recipe is based on the principle that soaking your grains before you eat them makes them more healthy. Its worth the extra effort. This recipe has a tangy flavor.
- Mix oats, butter, coconut oil, yogurt and water together in a large bowl.
- Pat down, cover with a plate and leave at room temperature for 2 days.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F.
- Place honey, salt and cinnamon in a small bowl and set in a small pot of simmering water until honey warms and becomes thin.
- Mix honey with oat mixture.
- Place on 2 parchment lined cookie sheets and bake for several hours, until completely dry and crisp.
- Mix with coconut, chopped nuts and raisins.
- Store in airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Serve with whole raw milk or cream diluted with a little water.