Recipe by KGCOOK
I received this recipe in my e-mail from a friend that belongs to another site also. These are mildly smoked and not salty at all in spite of the amount of sodium in the recipe. Very easy to make even easier to enjoy! Servings are 1/4 cup.
Top Review by AlliHarker
To make for 1 cup of almonds: 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp seasoning salt (I was out of celery salt), 1 Tbsp of liquid smoke. These are very smokey; they are wonderful! I'm going to try a Cajun seasoning next time. I originally tried making them with the required amount of liquid smoke, but they weren't smokey enough for me. I will definitely be making these again.
- 1 egg white
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons celery salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring
- 3 cups whole unblanched almonds, toasted and cooled
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, whisk egg white until foamy.
- Add garlic powder, celery salt, salt and liquid smoke; stir until blended.
- Add almonds and stir until well coated.
- Evenly spread almonds in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake at 300 degrees F for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container.