Chef #355450 Heather's Note:
Homemade Sloppy Joes
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 -2 1/4 lbs ground beef (I like to use Chuck)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 large sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons sweet relish (more if desired to suit your taste)
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans campbell's tomato soup (Condensed)
- 1/8 cup barbecue sauce (I use Original Open Pit)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- cheese (I like provolone)
- 1Brown ground beef, salt and pepper to taste. Drain and set aside. (Reserve approximately 1 teaspoons grease).
- 2Saute onions in same pan with approximately 1 teaspoons grease (from the ground beef) until golden brown. Add garlic and saute an additional 1-2 minutes.
- 3Place cooked meat back into pan with onions and garlic. Add tomato soup and bbq sauce. Mix well. Add sweet relish (to suit your taste). Mix and taste test, if needed add more salt and pepper.
- 4Place sloppy joe mix on your favorite kind of bun (toasted or not) and add your favorite kind of cheese (optional) like provolone, american, swiss, colby, etc -- and enjoy.
- 5We serve this with spicy steak fries, cottage cheese, pickles, potato or macaroni salad or cole slaw. This is a great alternative from the canned S.J. mix.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Sloppy Joes
Serving Size: 1 (207 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 302.8
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 77.1 mg
- Sodium 557.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 22.5 g