Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
From Kids Cookin' Cookbook.
Make and share this Homemade Sloppy Joes recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs hamburger
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 6 -8 hamburger buns
- In a large fryingpan, brown the hamburger, about 5-7 minutes. Drain.
- Add the remaining ingredients, except for the hamburger buns, and simmer, uncovered, for 1 hour.
- Place the hamburger buns face open on individual serving plates, generously spoon the hamburger mixture over the buns, and serve warm.
I made this recipe for my church youth group meeting. The kids loved them! I made 4 times the recipe, and kept the meat warm in 2 large crock pots. Just delicious! I will definitely make these on a regular basis! Thank you for posting!!!! Made for My 3 Chefs 2008