Recipe by Tessa Morales
You don't need a box! Can be doubled. I have also substituted low fat milk and half and half. Feel free to experiment with milk substitutes if you like. The corn starch really "sets" this pudding.
Top Review by Planner
Delicious! Very rich and creamy, even though I made it with 2 1/2 cups of whole milk and left out the cream. I only used 2/3 cup sugar as well. I put it into little 1/2 cup containers for my kids' lunch. Now that's a snack pack :)
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder (like Droste)
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, stir together granulated sugar, cocoa, cornstarch and salt Slowly pour in 1 ½ cups milk, stirring or whisking to create a lump-free mixture Stir in 1 cup heavy cream.
- Place saucepan over medium heat and, stirring gently and continuously scraping bottom and sides of pan, bring mixture to a boil (boil 1 minute) Remove from heat.
- Stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- Pour pudding into stemmed glasses or custard cups or other container.
- Chill at least 1 hour.