Recipe by Audrey M
Why buy sidewalk chalk when you can make it. This recipe is so much fun to make with your children but just as much fun to give away as party favors or as a gift. The cook time is the actual time it needs to set to get hard.
- 1⁄3 cup nontoxic plaster of paris
- 1 tablespoon paint powder
- 3 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- form in 1 toilet paper tube or small sand toy molds.
- Mix 1/3 cup plaster of paris, 1 tbs.
- powdered paint and 3 tbs.
- Spoon mixture into empty toilet paper tube, sealing one end with duct tape.
- Allow 30 minutes to dry, then peel of tube.
- You also can pour this into small molds such as sand toy molds you get from the dollar store.
- These make great party favors for birthday parties or a beach parties.
- Young and old enjoy making these.