Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
Something fun for the kids!
- 1 cup plaster of paris
- 1⁄2 cup cool water
- 3 tablespoons liquid powdered tempura paints
- Pour plaster into a clean container (like a coffee tin or ice cream tub).
- Using a disposable stir-stick, stir in most, but NOT all, of the water.
- Add 2 tbsp of the liquid tempera paint, mixing well, especially at the bottom; add another tbsp of paint if you think it needs it.
- Add a little more water as the mixture thickens.
- Stir well and pour into small containers, such as the tiny dixie paper cups.
- Peel paper off after the chalk dries, give to the kids, and let them have fun; outside, of course!
This is great! It was so easy and quick to make. I am going to make this for Christmas to give to all the nieces and newphews. Thanks Lennie!
This is the recipe I use all the time with the girls; they love it! I usually use empty TP tubes, capped tightly on one end with plastic wrap and foil, for the molds. We usually use the larger amt of paint. Great fun! :o)