Recipe by RockCook
This is a homemade shampoo and rinse originally from Burke's Backyard Magazine. I am complimented on my hair when I use it.
- 4 cups water
- 2 lemons, peel of
- 1 branch rosemary
- 5 lavender flowers
- 1⁄3 cup pure soap flakes
- 1 tablespoon glycerine
- fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 3 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- Add peel, rosemary and lavender (or you can use any scent items you want) to 4 cups of water. Simmer for 5 minutes covered.
- Remove flowers and peel. Add soap flakes and stir until combined.
- Add glycerine and stir. Turn off heat.
- Bottle when cool.
- To make rinse combine white vinegar, 3 cups of water and mint leaves in a bottle and shake.
- Use as you would a normal shampoo and conditioner.