Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
tswilsie is here at zaar requesting a breadcrumb recipe with a Canadian Flair. This is a seasoned one. A food processor works great with this. This is a great use for day old bread. Can be used in a stuffing for stuffed mushrooms, peppers, stuff a chicken or to use as a binder in meatloaf or meatballs, or a bread coating for anything you want to coat be it chicken, fish, shrimp, cheese, veggies......
- 1 French bread or 1 Italian bread, day old, loaf, cubed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 3⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- If bread is soft place in a warm oven to dry out or slightly toast it then cool.
- Process the bread in a food processor till fine. Add rest of ingredients and process till combined. Store in ziplock storage bags. Can be frozen for long time storage.
I had some stale bread so thought it was a great idea to tackle another ZWT recipe. These breadcrumbs taste nice & cheesy, I subbed sage for the rosemary as I didn't have any and left out the sugar. made for ZWT 4.
I keep my leftover bread ends in the freezer till I have enough to make breadcrumbs or croutons. I love the flavors in this mix! Yum! Thanks Rita, for a recipe I will use again!
Made for ZWT4..This was soo easy. I always end up with a few pieces of bread that are stale and I save them up to make breadcrumbs from. I have never thought of making seasoned ones. I will keep making these instead of buying the expensive ones at the store.