A tried and true family scone recipe. The half milk and water mix helps to make the scones lighter in texture. These are great served with jam and cream or golden syrup. Another delicious way is to split the scones, butter while hot and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 220ºC.
- 2Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl.
- 3Stir in the sugar, add the slightly softened butter and rub into the flour until resembling bread crumbs.
- 4Add nearly all the milk and water mix, a little at a time, working to a smooth dough. Reserve the remaining milk.
- 5Roll on a lightly floured work surface until 2cm thick.
- 6Using a 5 cm pastry cutter, cut the dough, using one sharp tap and not twisting the dough as you cut.
- 7Brush the tops with the remaining milk mixture.
- 8Place the scones on a greased baking tray and bake in the oven for 10 to 12 minutes, until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Scones
Serving Size: 1 (96 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 360.8
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 30.9 mg
- Sodium 217.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 7.5 g