Sazon is a common seasoning used in Caribbean cooking and also in Spain. Try this homemade version! Two reviewers have told me this is actually a sofrito, that sazon is a dry mix. I'm so sorry if I have offended anyone. I don't remember where I got this(some magazine long ago), so they were misinformed. I do hope you enjoy it anyway!
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped green peppers
- 3 tablespoons chopped sweet red peppers
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh coriander
- 4 teaspoons olive oil or 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 4 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 (2 ounce) jar diced pimentos, drained
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Combine all ingredients in a blender; process until smooth.
- Pour into a saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer, stirring constantly, 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Remove from heat; cool.
- Cover and chill.
- Yield: about 1 cup.