1/1 Photo of Homemade Sausage Seasoning Blend
A dry herb blend for giving any ground meat a "sausage" flavoring. Try this not only with ground pork, but also ground turkey, beef, or chicken. Adapted from a recipe that came with one of my pizza pans. Recipe can be doubled, tripled, etc as needed. Each batch is enough to season 1 pound of meat. Leave out the crushed red pepper flakes for milder sausage.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Blend all ingredients together in a spice grinder or mini-food processor (or you may also just stir together if you like some chunkier bits of fennel in your sausage).
- 2Store in an airtight container until ready to use.
- 3To use, mix with 1 pound ground meat.
- 4Chill seasoned meat 3 hours before using.
- 5Or you may also use this in any recipe calling for sausage seasoning.
Browse Our Top Herb and Spice Mixes Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Herb and Spice Mixes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Sausage Seasoning Blend
Serving Size: 1 (22 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 12.5
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1165.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 0.6 g