M A Lewis's Note:
Always looking for foods that are kid friendly and add variety to breakfast meals. This is great with pancakes, (yep- pancakes), Spelt Biscuits, Rice, Potatoes, and even Tofu.
My Private Note
cup per ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1In large skillet or fry pan on medium heat, cook sausage until brown. Do not strain.
- 2Sprinkle flour evenly over cooked sausage.
- 3Add butter and stir until melted.
- 4Flour should be incorporated into all the meat.
- 5Sprinkle garlic, parsley, onion over meat and stir well.(*pepper at this point).
- 6Turn up to medium high
- 7Pour in milk and cream and slowly stir until it starts boiling.
- 8Cook for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- 9Gravy will be somewhat thick and will thicken up a little more once removed from heat.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Sausage Gravy - Kid Friendly
Serving Size: 1 (84 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 272.1
- Calories from Fat 216
- Total Fat 24.0 g
- Saturated Fat 11.4 g
- Cholesterol 74.7 mg
- Sodium 562.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 8.6 g