Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
My mom gave me this recipe 20 years ago--it's so easy and good.
- 2 lbs lean hamburger or 2 lbs venison
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons liquid smoke
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 2 tablespoons quick curing salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Mix all ingredients well.
- Roll in 2 rolls as firm as possible.
- Place on shiny side of aluminum foil.
- Wrap seams sides up.
- Put in refrigerator for 24 hours.
- Poke holes in bottom of rolls and place on broiler rack which has small amount of water in bottom of pan.
- Bake at 325°F for 1 1/2 hours.