1/1 Photo of Homemade Sauerkraut
I was raised on store bought kraut. Once I tried this, I was "hooked". This is by far better than ANY store bought Kraut
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat all of the above ingredients except cabbage.
- 2Shred cabbage (a cake pan full at a time), pack cabbage in jars as tight as you can.
- 3Pour hot liquid over making sure to"burp" out any air bubbles.
- 4Wipe rim of jar and put lid on.
- 5Keep out of direct sunlight and preferably in garage, it will take 1 1/2-2 months to ferment.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Sauerkraut
Serving Size: 1 (7164 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 120.6
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 9516.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.3 g
- Sugars 14.5 g
- Protein 5.8 g