1/1 Photo of Homemade Salsa and Fried Tortilla Chips With Seasoning - Deen
Chef Mean Green's Note:
Courtesy of Paula Deen and Food Network.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 large ripe tomatoes, diced or 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, seeds and veins removed, and minced
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies, with juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Other ingredients you may want to add to Salsa
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 large avocado, peeled and diced
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup pineapple chunk
- 2 limes, juiced
Fried tortilla chips
- 8 fresh corn tortillas
- oil, for frying
- 2Combine all ingredients, and any extra ingredients you may want to add, in a large glass bowl.
- 3Stir well with a spoon.
- 4Cover with plastic wrap and chill until serving time.
- 5Tortilla Chips:.
- 6Arrange the tortillas in a stack and cut into 6 equal wedges.
- 7Pour about 1-inch of oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat to 350 degrees F on a deep-fat frying thermometer.
- 8Fry just a few at a time, turning occasionally, until crisp and lightly browned, about 1 minute.
- 9Drain on paper towels; sprinkle lightly with salt, if desired.
- 10Store in an airtight container.
- 11House Seasoning:.
- 12Mix ingredients together and flavor chips to taste.
- 13Store leftover seasoning in an airtight container for up to 6 months.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Salsa and Fried Tortilla Chips With Seasoning - Deen
Serving Size: 1 (486 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 618.4
- Calories from Fat 139
- Total Fat 15.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 28341.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 107.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 28.5 g
- Sugars 24.6 g
- Protein 23.2 g