Courtesy of Paula Deen and Food Network.
Make and share this Homemade Salsa and Fried Tortilla Chips With Seasoning - Deen recipe from Food.com.
- 3 large ripe tomatoes, diced or 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, seeds and veins removed, and minced
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies, with juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Other ingredients you may want to add to Salsa
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 large avocado, peeled and diced
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple chunk
- 2 limes, juiced
Fried tortilla chips
- 8 fresh corn tortillas
- oil, for frying
- 1 cup salt
- 1⁄4 cup black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup garlic powder
- Combine all ingredients, and any extra ingredients you may want to add, in a large glass bowl.
- Stir well with a spoon.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill until serving time.
- Tortilla Chips:.
- Arrange the tortillas in a stack and cut into 6 equal wedges.
- Pour about 1-inch of oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat to 350 degrees F on a deep-fat frying thermometer.
- Fry just a few at a time, turning occasionally, until crisp and lightly browned, about 1 minute.
- Drain on paper towels; sprinkle lightly with salt, if desired.
- Store in an airtight container.
- House Seasoning:.
- Mix ingredients together and flavor chips to taste.
- Store leftover seasoning in an airtight container for up to 6 months.