Recipe by Tr1na
I hate buying the jarred store bought so called salsa. So I began tweaking here and there and this is yumm-O. My husband likes it really hot so I add in Habaneros for him. Just delicious. I hope you enjoy it.
Top Review by Karen R.
This is really tasty and I love the ease of using the food processor to make it. It tasted good right away since it was somewhat blended. I seeded my jalepeno, did not add the habenero and used LOTS of cilantro. I like both mild and hot salsa so will make it hotter next time to try it that way.
- 4 roma tomatoes
- 1⁄4 red onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 limes, juice of or 3 tablespoons bottled lime juice
- 1 jalapeno pepper (seeded if you dont want extra spice)
- 1 habanero pepper (ONLY add if YOU want it to be HOT!!!)
- 1 garlic cloves or 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro (I like more cilantro so I usually use a whole bunch when I make this)
Directions See How It's Made
- I cut all ingredients in half and then add to my food processor. with the chopping blade. I pulse to desired consistency. Sometimes we like a chunky salsa and sometimes we like it pureed. Up to you. I place them in my mason jars, vac seal them, place in the freezer when I make larger batches.
- Note this batch last maybe a day in our house. MY husband loves it, loves it, loves it. If you can wait till the next day after refrigeration, the flavor is even BETTER.