Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
I hate buying the jarred store bought so called salsa. So I began tweaking here and there and this is yumm-O. My husband likes it really hot so I add in Habaneros for him. Just delicious. I hope you enjoy it.
- 4 roma tomatoes
- 1⁄4 red onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 limes, juice of or 3 tablespoons bottled lime juice
- 1 jalapeno pepper (seeded if you dont want extra spice)
- 1 habanero pepper (ONLY add if YOU want it to be HOT!!!)
- 1 garlic cloves or 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro (I like more cilantro so I usually use a whole bunch when I make this)
- I cut all ingredients in half and then add to my food processor. with the chopping blade. I pulse to desired consistency. Sometimes we like a chunky salsa and sometimes we like it pureed. Up to you. I place them in my mason jars, vac seal them, place in the freezer when I make larger batches.
- Note this batch last maybe a day in our house. MY husband loves it, loves it, loves it. If you can wait till the next day after refrigeration, the flavor is even BETTER.
This is really tasty and I love the ease of using the food processor to make it. It tasted good right away since it was somewhat blended. I seeded my jalepeno, did not add the habenero and used LOTS of cilantro. I like both mild and hot salsa so will make it hotter next time to try it that way.