Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
I experimented with different ingredients until I came up with the perfect combination. Friends are already putting in their orders for this season.
- 7 cups diced plum tomatoes
- 3⁄4 cup jalapeno pepper, diced
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 1 teaspoon reg salt
- 1 teaspoon hot salt
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 dash crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cans chilies, chopped
- 1⁄2 can tomato paste
- 3 cups onions (RED AND YELLOW)
- Add ingredients as listed above.
- mix completely.
- I like to can mine.
- I put them in jelly jars and process according to canning instructions (leave 1/4 inch head room and process for 15 minutes).
This is a delicious fresh tasting recipe. I cut back on the amount of jalapeno pepper used. It was a snap to make and preserve. Thanx
Excellent Recipe. I usually double the batch, since i use the italian tomatoes from the garden- and i have so many. A little hint with this recipe and ANY salsa recipe- When using fresh tomatoes, after you blanch and de-skin them, cut the top off the tomatoe and squeeze the water from inside the tomato out- this will thicken up your recipe considerably. I still added the tomato paste, and it it perfectly thick and chunky. Happy cooking, Jon
AWESOME!!!! Can't make enough of it! Will never buy salsa again!