Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
My husband had been buying some salsa from the store at $4.99 per container. So I purchased ingredients that was listed on the label, and made my own. It took a few tries but this worked best for our tastes. I had to list an amount for the cilantro, but I just grabbed about 1/2 a bunch (probably made 1/4-1/2 cup), chopped it and added it. It's also best if it's refrigerated for at least 1 hr so the flavors can blend.
- 4 large tomatoes (I used beefsteak)
- 3 medium onions
- 3 chili peppers
- 2 limes
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder (can use garlic salt)
- Finely chop tomatoes, onions and chile peppers and put in bowl.
- Chop cilantro and add.
- Add garlic powder.
- Cut limes in half. Squeeze over bowl cut side up so only juice goes in bowl.
- Mix gently.
- Can serve immediately or cover and refrigerate at least one hour.
Do the onions soften up in the jar? I don't like crunchy onions. Thanks for the recipe :)
Excellent fresh salsa! Just the right amount of each flavor. The only change I made was using 3 minced garlic cloves instead of the garlic powder. Thanks for this keeper!