Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Don't buy that jarred stuff, lol, it's too expensive!! It's really easy to make homemade! :)
Make and share this Homemade Salsa recipe from Food.com.
- 10 fresh tomatoes, peeled, then stewed or 1 (28 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, save juice
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 -4 fresh jalapenos, finely diced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon oregano
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- Saute green pepper, 1 jalapeno and onion in a little juice and 1 Tbl. butter for 5 minutes, set aside.
- In blender, chop, don't puree!, tomatoes, 1-3 jalapenos and spices, sugar and oregano.
- Pour into sauteed peppers and onions.
- Bring to a boil and boil 5 minutes.
- Stir in vinegar and tomato paste til dissolved.
This was certainly better than the bought stuff!!! Easy to do too. BUT I think salsa is not salsa unless it has cilantro in it. So I added a bunch. Make quite a bit so I kept some out for use now and froze some for later. Thanks peacefulnightdove.