- 5 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup morton's tender quick curing salt
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons mustard seeds
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons liquid smoke
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients thoroughly.
- Cover and chill for 24 hours.
- Mix again and divide into four logs.
- Place each log on a 12” x 18” piece of nylon net and roll tightly and tie ends with string. (optional).
- Place logs on broiler pan with a rack and bake in 225 degree oven for 4 hours. baste every hours with liquid smoke.
- Remove and take off net.
- Pat rolls with paper towels to absorb excess oil.
- Cool and wrap in foil and refrigerate or you can freeze it until ready to serve.