Recipe by Michelle S.
I found this in a Penzeys catalog. I had some buttermilk to use up and since the hubby loves ranch type dressings I thought I'd give it a go!!! It is wonderful!!! I do not really like ranch dressings and fell in love with it. It has a unique flavor that compliments everything it touches. I was even dunking a turkey sandwich in it once! YUM!!! You can substitute herbs, but I figure why mess with perfection?
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cracked pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2⁄3 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl place first 5 ingredients and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Whisk in remaining ingredients.
- I like it to chill and meld several hours before serving, but that is just me.
- NOTES: you may want to add half the amount of salt and sugar the first time you make it and adjust it to your tastes.