Recipe by JanuaryBride
A Taste of Home Recipe. States it is of Pennsylvania Dutch origin. Very simple to put together. Meat can be mixed up the night before, then cooked the following morning if you like.
Top Review by ~Srb~
WOW, the flavor of the sage dominates everything else. Overall, I liked it but would like to have used less sage. This recipe is truly for sage lovers. All in all, it beats the options I have here for breakfast patties. Thanks.
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese (may sub monterrey jack cheese)
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 lb ground pork
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, mix first 8 ingredients.
- Crumble pork over the mixture and combine (may need to use your hands).
- Shape into 8 patties and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In a greased skillet over medium heat, fry patties for 5-6 minutes on each side or until meat is no longer pink. They may stick a little to the pan due to the cheese.