Recipe by Elizardbeth
My husband and I made this easy meal while on our honeymoon in Tahiti. The ingredients are inexpensive and it tastes great! You can substitute the rotini for any kind of noodle .
Top Review by Chef Jean
I used half and half instead cream and the results were great. I also used sharp white cheddar and the color wasn't the best the flavor was awesome. This would be great with any number of additions to make it a full meal too ( I served it with braised cube steak on top). Made for PAC spring '10.
- 13 1⁄4 ounces whole wheat rotini
- 10 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1 tomatoes, diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil noodles in large pot until al dente.
- Drain noodles and place back in pot.
- While stirring, add sharp cheddar cheese and a little whipping cream at a time. You do not need to add all the whipping cream, just enough to create a smooth sauce with the cheese.
- Stir cheese until it is melted and sauce thickens. Stir in diced tomatoes.
- Serve with salad and bread on the side.