Prep 1 hr
Cook 10 mins
I attended a pasta making class this winter and these were demonstrated. Wowww!! They are a lot of work but they make a ton and can be frozen or will keep in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- 1 lb ground chicken, cooked (I have used a deli chicken de-boned and run through the processor)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- salt and pepper
- 2 eggs (can use egg substitute)
- 2 -3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup white flour
- 1 -2 cup semolina flour
- For filling, place all ingredients in a blender or food processor, blending into a paste. Add broth, milk, or cream as needed to moisten.
- Set aside.
- Blend the eggs, water, and oil.
- In a medium bowl place white flour and 1 c semolina.
- Make a well in the center and pour in egg mixture.
- Knead about 10 times adding flour and water as needed.
- It will be a very stiff dough.
- Wrap in plastic and let rest at least 30 minutes.
- Divide in fourths.
- Roll out to setting 5 on pasta maker and form sheets 25" by 5".
- You can hand roll the dough to these specifications as well.
- If you have a ravioli press place dough on top of forms, and place 1 or 2 tsp of filling into each ravioli. With no press put two balls of filling down the dough strip at a time.
- Brush water on edges and between filling balls.
- Place A strip of dough on top and seal according to your press.
- If by hand use a roller or by hand to seal sides and cut into ravioli.
- Let them dry at least 10 minutes.
- Cook in boiling water for 10 minutes.
- Serve w/ alfredo sauce recipe #123545 .
Made this for dinner last night. We didn't think the filling was very flavorful--it came across kind of bland. Served with light tomato vodka sauce on top (#81281), which was very nice. I'd probably try a different filling next time. The dough recipe was good.
This was very good....I used my KitchenAid Ravioli maker for the first time using this recipe. I used the suggested Alfredo Sauce. Thanks for sharing.
I am SO glad that I finally made this. The instructions were so clear and concise! I actually enjoyed making homemade pasta (the first time was a disaster!). I will definitely use this recipe again and again. Thanks so much for this experience!