Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
I love this ice cream, very creamy and I'd say it tastes better than store bought. Hope you like it as much as we do!!
- 2 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups miniature marshmallows (or if you REALLY like them you can use half a bag like I do!)
- 2⁄3 cup sliced almonds
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- Mix all ingrediants together in cylinder of ice cream maker; freeze according to manufacturers directions.
- Allow to set in freezer for 2-4 hours.
Turned out well. Easy to put together all the ingredients. Will make this again.
I used fat free half and half in place of the heavy whipping cream because its what I had. Turned out great. This also would be a great base ice cream to add stuff to. Liked that it wasn't too
This is a great chocolate base for other additions as well as marshmallows and almonds! I actually didn't follow the recipe exactly as my daughter requested Chunky Monkey ice cream for her birthday. So we used the base ice cream recipe and then added 2 diced bananas 1/3 of the way through the freezing. We are looking forward to trying it as Rocky Road flavor soon also. Although I think I would like to use chocolate covered peanuts instead of slivered almonds as that's what I had as a child and am partial to. Very much looking forward to it!!!