Recipe by Queen Dragon Mom
Adopted! Posted by request -- I have not tried this recipe. From "Pinardises" by Daniel Pinard.
Top Review by Missy Wombat
Excellent ricotta. I think the 36 hour standing time is a bit superfluous and made very little difference. I scaled this recipe down to half and got just over 700 ml of whey when I first poured the milk through the double muslin.
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour the milk in a large bowl.
- Add lemon juice.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 36 hours.
- Pour milk into a large pot with a thick bottom (not an aluminum pot).
- Add at least 1 cup yogurt.
- Mix well and bring to a boil.
- Allow to simmer 1 minute.
- To drain, line a large sieve with a double thickness of cheesecloth.
- Pour in the milk and form a sort of bag which you will now hang for at least 1 hour.
- For a drier ricotta, allow to drain for 2-3 hours, or more.