Recipe by Marie
I also like to add minced garlic to saute with the onion to taste and a handful of grated Parmesan cheese at end of cooking time. This is good! Recipe courtesy of Paula Deen.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄2 lb spaghetti (I like angel hair)
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cups chicken broth (can also use beef broth)
Directions See How It's Made
- Break spaghetti into 1/2 to 1" pieces.
- Heat oil in a pot and stir spaghetti in the oil until it begins to brown slightly.
- Add rice, onion and parsley and stir.
- Mix in broth, stir and cover tightly.
- Cook as you would regular rice, simmering for about 20 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork and serve.