Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I also like to add minced garlic to saute with the onion to taste and a handful of grated Parmesan cheese at end of cooking time. This is good! Recipe courtesy of Paula Deen.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄2 lb spaghetti (I like angel hair)
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cups chicken broth (can also use beef broth)
- Break spaghetti into 1/2 to 1" pieces.
- Heat oil in a pot and stir spaghetti in the oil until it begins to brown slightly.
- Add rice, onion and parsley and stir.
- Mix in broth, stir and cover tightly.
- Cook as you would regular rice, simmering for about 20 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork and serve.
Great recipe! I make this and add 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of Tumeric for the yellow color! Tumeric is what they add to the box to get the color and the taste is very good and mild.
Tasty and quick. I added a small squash with the onion, also added beef broth. Thank you for a great side!
This is a very nice side dish. I added about 1 t. minced garlic when the pasta was just about done browning. I used minute rice rather than long grain rice and it worked out fine. The dish only needed to simmer for about 6 minutes and both the pasta and rice were done perfectly.My only suggestion is to add a little salt to it in step 3 when you add the rice, onion and parsley.