Recipe by LisaA
This is a big hit at my house and pretty cheap to make too!
Top Review by RecipeJunkieGina
If I didn't know it wasn't Rice A Roni, I wouldn't have known it wasn't Rica A Roni! We LOVED it! We usually eat the chicken and mushroom flavor, so that is what I attempted. I replaced the broken pasta with orzo because I already had it. I used 2 cups of water and a tablespoon of Better than Bouillon Chicken flavor, plus I added 2 or 3 dried shitake mushrooms (broken up) and some garlic powder and onion powder. Oh and a little dried parsley. I browned the pasta and rice together like the original, and cooked it for 20 minutes after adding the liquid. Also, when it was all done, I added a splash of Half and Half. It was AWESOME! Next time, I think I will add just a bit more bouillon. Awesome recipe! Thanks so much for sharing!
- 118.29 ml raw spaghetti, broken into 1 inch pieces
- 177.44 ml raw white rice
- 411.06 g broth (any flavor)
- 29.58 ml butter or 29.58 ml margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium skillet saute' broken spaghetti pieces in butter, stirring constantly, until the spaghetti begins to brown.
- Add rice, stirring until the rice is well coated with the butter and the spaghetti browns a little more Carefully pour in broth.
- Simmer until liquid is absorbed.