Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is enough sauce to brush on 3 racks of ribs, beef or pork or large roasts that are cooked and browned and need that extra flavor the last 15 to 20 minutes of cooking. This sauce freezes well.
- 2 cups strong black coffee
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup catsup
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Mix salt and sugar in saucepan.
- Add coffee, worcestershire, catsup, melted butter, lemon juice, molasses, chili pepper and cayenne pepper. Simmer for about 10 minutes. Stir.
- Use a brush to apply. You may double or triple this recipe and after it has simmered and cooled, this may be frozen in ice cube trays, then tossed in zip lock bags. Just reheat in a microwave safe bowl a few cubes at a time for future use.
- Note: If you want it sweeter, add a little brown sugar at a time. You may use envelopes of Splenda sugar substitute.