Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
You can make that pricey Chinese chicken dish you love so much, at home, for less than $3 per plate instead of the $6-$15 at PF Changs or the equivalent.
- 453.59 g whole boneless skinless chicken breast
- 236.59 ml ketchup
- 236.59 ml distilled white vinegar
- 236.59 ml flour
- 236.59 ml water
- 14.79 ml garlic powder
- 44.37 ml cornstarch
- 118.29 ml pineapple, chopped
- 44.37 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml salt
- 709.77 ml sunflower oil
- 236.59 ml bell pepper, chopped
- 59.14 ml onion, minced
- Wash the chicken thoroughly with cold water, then chop into finger sized pieces.
- Mix flour and cornstarch well and add a pinch of salt from the tablespoon sized amount, then dredge chicken.
- Meanwhile, preheat sunflower oil.
- In a medium-sized saucepan, add vinegar, water, and ketchup and stir with whisk until well blended. Bring to a boil.
- After mixture boils, add sugar, salt, garlic powder, pineapple, bell pepper, and onion. (hint: if sauce is coming too thin after 10 minutes on low heat, remove from heat and add teaspoon of cornstarch gradually until thickening begins.).
- Add chicken to oil and fry until golden. After chicken is fried, add immediately to sauce mixture on low heat and toss well to coat.
- Serve with white rice.