Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
These are very tasty to have as a mexican side dish. Goes well with enchiladas, burritos, etc.
- 2 cups water
- 8 ounces dry pinto beans
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Combine the water and beans on stove. Bring to a boil and time it for two minutes.
- Remove from heat and cover. Let sit for one hour.
- Add enough water to cover beans and bring to a boil again. Reduce heat and simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
- Mash beans and add the butter, salt and 1/2 cup of the cheese.
- Serve remaining cheese on top of each serving.