Prep 4 mins
Cook 0 mins
Ranch dip or dressing from scratch. I love Ranch dressing and dip. Sometimes the store is to far away. I live 30 minutes from an affordable grocery store.
- 1⁄4 cup garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup onion powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon citric acid
- 1 (1/2 ounce) jar parsley (crushed fine)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper (optional) or 1 teaspoon white pepper (optional)
- Mix all ingredients and place in air tight jar.
- Stir one teaspoon of dressing/dip mix into 8 ounces of sour cream at a time to taste.
- Pour buttermilk into sour cream mixture until it is the desired thickness for dressing.
- Omit buttermilk for dip or use very little.
- This may also be added to a mayonnaise and buttermilk mixture if preferred or added to "soy" sour cream substitute with soy milk and a teaspoon of vinegar to make it vegan.
I was sent Ranch Dressing Mix by Rise in the first parcel swap. I loved it and mourned the passing of the packets. Not any more though! This is better. It's easy, economical, and I have everything at hand. I made it up with half mayo, half buttermilk. I'm so happy to have found this recipe.
This was perfect. So much better than the bottled stuff!
Outstanding! This was wonderful! The seasonings were absolutely perfect and even won the hearts of my "die-hard Hidden Valley Ranch" daughters. Made this as a dip for New Year's Eve and I've already been asked to make it again! I added it to 8 oz. of sour cream and added 1/4 cup mayonnaise and it was perfect for our veggies and chips! Thank you! :)