Recipe by ~SwoR~
Ranch dip or dressing from scratch. I love Ranch dressing and dip. Sometimes the store is to far away. I live 30 minutes from an affordable grocery store.
Top Review by JustJanS
I was sent Ranch Dressing Mix by Rise in the first parcel swap. I loved it and mourned the passing of the packets. Not any more though! This is better. It's easy, economical, and I have everything at hand. I made it up with half mayo, half buttermilk. I'm so happy to have found this recipe.
- 1⁄4 cup garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup onion powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon citric acid
- 1 (1/2 ounce) jar parsley (crushed fine)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper (optional) or 1 teaspoon white pepper (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients and place in air tight jar.
- Stir one teaspoon of dressing/dip mix into 8 ounces of sour cream at a time to taste.
- Pour buttermilk into sour cream mixture until it is the desired thickness for dressing.
- Omit buttermilk for dip or use very little.
- This may also be added to a mayonnaise and buttermilk mixture if preferred or added to "soy" sour cream substitute with soy milk and a teaspoon of vinegar to make it vegan.