I used to love that stuff years ago. Here's how to make it even better homemade. (The bacon ranch one.)
- 2 cups uncooked shell pasta
- 4 -5 peeled baby carrots, shredded or 1 large regular carrot
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise, more if desired (but NOT miracle whip)
- 0.5 (1 ounce) packet hidden valley ranch dressing mix
- 1⁄4 cup bacon bits (I use Hormel REAL bacon bits or pieces)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- In large bowl, mix mayo, dressing mix, bacon bits, shredded carrots and onion powder. Chill while making the rest.
- Cook pasta according to pkg. directions for pasta using the shortest alotted time. (Or cook al dente.).
- Drain and cool.
- Fold in pasta well. Fold in peas last, carefully.
- Chill for several hours.
- Serve chilled or room temperature.
- Refresh salad if needed with a tiny bit of mayo, but it usually doesn't need it.
- Garnish top with more bacon bits/pieces.