1/13 Photos of Homemade "Suddenly Salad"
I used to love that stuff years ago. Here's how to make it even better homemade. (The bacon ranch one.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups uncooked shell pasta
- 4 -5 peeled baby carrots, shredded or 1 large regular carrot
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise, more if desired (but NOT miracle whip)
- 0.5 (1 ounce) packet hidden valley ranch dressing mix
- 1/4 cup bacon bits (I use Hormel REAL bacon bits or pieces)
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1In large bowl, mix mayo, dressing mix, bacon bits, shredded carrots and onion powder. Chill while making the rest.
- 2Cook pasta according to pkg. directions for pasta using the shortest alotted time. (Or cook al dente.).
- 3Drain and cool.
- 4Fold in pasta well. Fold in peas last, carefully.
- 5Chill for several hours.
- 6Serve chilled or room temperature.
- 7Refresh salad if needed with a tiny bit of mayo, but it usually doesn't need it.
- 8Garnish top with more bacon bits/pieces.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade "Suddenly Salad"
Serving Size: 1 (95 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 402.4
- Calories from Fat 159
- Total Fat 17.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 17.0 mg
- Sodium 478.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 10.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
hidden valley ranch dressing mix