Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Want to try a change from Campbell Tomato Soup? This is a quick, easy and delicious change.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 3 cups vegetable stock or 3 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup tomato paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Heat oil over med heat in a saucepan.
- Cook onions and garlic stirring for 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, stock, tomato paste and pepper.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes or until slightly thickened Puree with an immersion blender or ordinary blender.
Made this last night, felt like something hot and hearty and I chose this recipe for it's ease and simple, easy to find ingredients. Added 1/2 tsp sugar to balance the acidity. I was not disappointed and will make this again. Thankyou Tebo for sharing this.
I made this soup last Fall, and I am making it today, and throughout the Fall/Winter season... I feed this to company with grilled cheese sandwiches.... its the easiest, and the tastiest recipe. We love it at my home, and Fall season means bring on soups, stews etc :)
I dropped the garlic and the stock, and added sugar, pasta and eggs. It was delicious.