Recipe by Tebo
Want to try a change from Campbell Tomato Soup? This is a quick, easy and delicious change.
Top Review by robyn win
Made this last night, felt like something hot and hearty and I chose this recipe for it's ease and simple, easy to find ingredients. Added 1/2 tsp sugar to balance the acidity. I was not disappointed and will make this again. Thankyou Tebo for sharing this.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 3 cups vegetable stock or 3 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup tomato paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil over med heat in a saucepan.
- Cook onions and garlic stirring for 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, stock, tomato paste and pepper.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes or until slightly thickened Puree with an immersion blender or ordinary blender.