Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
Best ending to a Thanksgiving dinner.
Make and share this Homemade Pumpkin Spice Doughnuts recipe from Food.com.
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup organic pumpkin puree
- 4 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (or ? teaspoons each nutmeg,ginger, and Cinnamon)
- 12 ounces low-fat evaporated milk
- canola oil, for deep-frying
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat eggs, sugar, and butter.
- Add pumpkin puree, mix in well.
- For the dry ingredients, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin spice.
- Begin to marry the pumpkin batter and alternate with the evaporated milk, folding in gently.
- Refrigerate the batter to firm for approx 1 hour before kneading.
- Turn onto a lightly floured work-surface and knead well.
- Roll to approximately ¾'' in thickness.
- Cut with a 2½'' doughnut cutter. (Alternatively, cut with the small rim of any glass jar or cup and use a small bottle to cut out the hole.).
- Fry doughnuts and doughnut holes, a few at a time, until golden (approximately 1-2 minutes on each side).
- Remove using a slotted spoon or a spider and allow the excess oil to drain on paper towels.
- For the icing, whisk together all ingredients in a medium mixing bowl.
- Spread over cooled doughnuts with a teaspoon (place on a wire rack over a sheet tray, if desired).