Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is a great pumpkin pie recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked pumpkin (, fresh or canned)
- 1 cup whole milk or 1 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 2 eggs (slightly beaten)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter (melted) or 1 tablespoon margarine (melted)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 9 in. unbaked pastry shell
- whipped cream or Cool Whip
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees, combine all ingredients except pie shell and whipped cream.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted into filling comes out clean.
- Cool completely.
- Serve with whipped topping or Cool Whip.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Excellent fresh pumpkin pie! I just realized I never reviewed this recipe. I made it for Thanksgiving at my cousin's house this year. Served with vanilla ice cream & fresh whipped cream, it was delightful! Thanks for sharing, Jodi!
I make this wonderful pie and every one eats it and wants to know where I got it and when I tell then that it is home made they can't believe it.
Great recipe. Nice and light. Every one in my family loved it. The filling takes longer than the crust to cook so, I had to put some foil around the crust so it wouldn't burn. Sooo, much better than using canned pumpkin! Also, I used real whipping cream instead of cool whip.