Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This one comes from Ma--many years ago. Over the years I've gotten into the habit of adding different extra ingredients. I make my own biscuit mix (Make-a-Mix), however, the original recipe called for Bisquick, so use that for a substitute--or try my Quick Mix recipe, too. I also can my own pumpkin--if you don't, just use a 15 or 16-oz can of store-bought. Such a frugal little home-maker!!!
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 2 cups cooked pumpkin
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups biscuit mix
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
Additives (choose one or two)
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F; grease a jelly roll pan (10x15); set aside.
- Mix sugar, oil and pumpkin; add eggs--beating well after each.
- Stir in biscuit mix and cinnamon; add one or two of the additives.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan; bake for 25-30 minutes; cool.
- While that is cooling, prepare frosting: Beat all ingredients together until very creamy.
- Spread frosting over cooled bars, cut into bars (4x9 fussy cuts).