This one comes from Ma--many years ago. Over the years I've gotten into the habit of adding different extra ingredients. I make my own biscuit mix (Make-a-Mix), however, the original recipe called for Bisquick, so use that for a substitute--or try my Quick Mix recipe, too. I also can my own pumpkin--if you don't, just use a 15 or 16-oz can of store-bought. Such a frugal little home-maker!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Additives (choose one or two)
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F; grease a jelly roll pan (10x15); set aside.
- 2Mix sugar, oil and pumpkin; add eggs--beating well after each.
- 3Stir in biscuit mix and cinnamon; add one or two of the additives.
- 4Pour mixture into prepared pan; bake for 25-30 minutes; cool.
- 5While that is cooling, prepare frosting: Beat all ingredients together until very creamy.
- 6Spread frosting over cooled bars, cut into bars (4x9 fussy cuts).
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Pumpkin Bars With Various Additives
Serving Size: 1 (60 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 187.4
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 124.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 21.2 g
- Protein 2.0 g