This one comes from Ma--many years ago. Over the years I've gotten into the habit of adding different extra ingredients. I make my own biscuit mix (Make-a-Mix), however, the original recipe called for Bisquick, so use that for a substitute--or try my Quick Mix recipe, too. I also can my own pumpkin--if you don't, just use a 15 or 16-oz can of store-bought. Such a frugal little home-maker!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Additives (choose one or two)
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F; grease a jelly roll pan (10x15); set aside.
- 2Mix sugar, oil and pumpkin; add eggs--beating well after each.
- 3Stir in biscuit mix and cinnamon; add one or two of the additives.
- 4Pour mixture into prepared pan; bake for 25-30 minutes; cool.
- 5While that is cooling, prepare frosting: Beat all ingredients together until very creamy.
- 6Spread frosting over cooled bars, cut into bars (4x9 fussy cuts).
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Pumpkin Bars With Various Additives
Serving Size: 1 (60 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 187.4
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 124.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 21.2 g
- Protein 2.0 g