Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
An easy snack made with pastry puff. Try this recipe.
- 1 whole puff pastry sheet
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon red onion, Chopped
- 100 g smoked salmon, Crumbled
- 50 g boiled potatoes, small diced
- 100 g tomatoes, diced
- Unfold the pastry sheet onto a lightly floured surface. Roll the pastry sheet into a large square using a rolling pin. Cut the sheet in to 12 equal sized pieces – about 3 1/2 x 3 1/2 inches square. I used homemade puff pastry but store bought is fine too. You can save a lot of money by making your own.
- In a pan heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium high heat. Add garlic and mix it around until it’s softened. Next add onion, salmon and the diced boiled potato. Mix until onion is softened and everything is heated through. Add tomato, pepper, and salt. Mix well .
- Now place one teaspoon of filling mixture in the center of each square of dough. Brush the edges with the beaten egg white or you can use water. Fold the bottom half of the dough over to meet the edges of the top half (you are making a triangle).
- Next place snack on greased baking tray and bake the snack for about 20 minutes at 220C degrees or until golden brown.