1/2 Photos of Homemade Pudding With Gourmet Variations
* Pamela *'s Note:
From Everyday Food magazine. This recipe is perfect for using up leftover egg yolks! Serve in wine glasses for a special touch :) Prep time does not include chill time of 3 hours.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Basic Vanilla Recipe
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 4 large egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
For Chocolate Pudding
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder, add
For Chai Cinnamon Pudding
For Mocha Chip Pudding
- 4 -5 teaspoons espresso powder
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chip
For Rum Raisin Pudding
- 1Place a fine mesh sieve over a medium bowl and set aside.
- 2First, whisk together sugar, corn starch, and salt in a saucepan.
- 3Add milk gradually making sure to dissolve cornstarch. Add egg yolks and mix to combine.
- 4Turn on the element to medium heat and place saucepan on the element. Stirring constantly until the first large bubble forms and sputters, and then reduce heat to low. Continue to stir constantly for one minute and then remove from heat.
- 5Immediately pour the mixture through the sieve in the bowl to remove any lumps.
- 6Stir in butter and vanilla into the hot pudding.
- 7Place a layer of saran wrap over the surface of the pudding-this will prevent a skin from forming.
- 8Chill for 3 hours or for 3 days. Before serving whisk until smooth.
- 9For chocolate pudding: add cocoa powder with the sugar, corn starch, and salt and then proceed as directed.
- 10For Chai Cinnamon Pudding: brew the two tea bags in 3 tbsp boiling water, set aside until cool. Squeeze out the teabags and reserve liquid. Mix the tea into the pudding after step 8 and sprinkle cinnamon on top before serving.
- 11For Mocha Chip Pudding: Prepare pudding with chocolate variation. Then dissolve the espresso powder into 2 TBSP boiling water and cool. Mix the cooled espresso into the pudding after step 8 and sprinkle chocolate chips on top before serving.
- 12For Rum Raisin Pudding: Combine 1/4 cup raisins and 1/3 cup rum in a small pot and bring to a boil. Remove from element and let cool completely. Remove raisins from rum and set aside. Mix the rum into the pudding after step 8 and sprinkle the raisins on top before serving.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Pudding With Gourmet Variations
Serving Size: 1 (274 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 509.5
- Calories from Fat 181
- Total Fat 20.1 g
- Saturated Fat 11.2 g
- Cholesterol 246.4 mg
- Sodium 161.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 44.9 g
- Protein 10.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chai tea teabags