Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
Energy bars you can make yourself!
- 1 cup protein powder
- 1⁄2 cup quinoa flour
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup oat bran
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 3⁄4 cup silken tofu
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly spray a 9x13-inch baking pan and a baking tray with nonstick spray.
- Mix together dry ingredients, crumbling in the brown sugar last to break up any clumps.
- Stir together yogurt, tofu, oil and vanilla in another bowl until well combined.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry, and mix patiently until thoroughly blended.
- Transfer mixture to the pan, patting it evenly into place.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, then remove from the oven and cut into bars.
- Place the bars on the baking tray, and bake for another 15 minutes, or until golden around the edges.
- Remove the bars from the oven and place on a cooling rack.
- Eat bars within a few hours, or seal them in a heavy zip-top bag and freeze.
- For maximum freshness, put in toaster oven after defrosting.