Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A delicious, high fiber power bar made of whole foods, with soy protein, and nuts, sweetened only with dates, and a little 70% dark chocolate on top.
- 10 ounces silken low-fat tofu, drained well (almost the whole package)
- 15 large medjool dates, pitted
- 1⁄4 cup coconut oil
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1⁄4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1⁄4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1⁄4 cup ground flax seeds
- 1⁄2 cup pecans or 1⁄2 cup walnuts or 1⁄2 cup almonds
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries (optional) or 1⁄4 cup raisins (optional) or 1⁄4 cup chopped dried fruit (optional)
- 6 ounces 70% dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Puree the tofu, dates and coconut oil in a blender.
- Transfer this paste to a bowl.
- Add oats and nuts and seeds and dried fruits as you desire.
- Spray coat a 9x13 inch pan.
- Spread the mixture evenly into the pan.
- Cook for 30 minutes, or until firm and browned.
- Melt the chocolate in a microwaveable bowl.
- Spread melted chocolate over the top of the bars.
- Allow to cool for at least 1 hour, or put in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Cut into small 1x3 or 2x4 inch pieces, they are very filling!
- These keep well for a week in the fridge, or for 3 months in the freezer. I freeze 3/4 of my batch and eat them straight out of the freezer, they're not too hard!