Recipe by Chef OnMyMom
I like this concentration the best. I have played with bunches of recipes and this is the one that I was most happy with the results. The whites are great and the laundry in general is just much cleaner. This is very inexpensive and works great. (I found the washing soda at my local Ace Hardware store. The Fels Naptha and borax are in your local grocers laundry section.) Enjoy!
- 1 soap bar, fels naptha
- 2 cups arm & hammer washing soda
- 2 cups twenty mule team borax
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Grate bar of Fels Naptha with a course grater.
- 2. Process the soap pieces in a food processor just enough to brake down large pieces. (I use a mini food processor just for my soap).
- 3. Pour ground soap into a container (at least 6 cups).
- 4. Pour in the washing soda and the borax.
- 5. Cover container and mix by shaking.
- 6. Use 1/8 cup per wash. (2T).